Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Extras - Still there, and Look up... waaayyy up.

Anna: My youngest daughter and I headed out today for a walk so she could do some climbing, and I got a few more pictures to share.


Almost a full month ago, I posted pictures of some of the "homes" in the valley. This one is still there, right along the main path down to the valley - with a lot more garbage around the entrance then before, as well as along the path itself. I'm really surprised this hasn't been cleared out by now. Not only that, but...












... there's now another shelter nearby. It makes me wonder. We saw the cleaning crews are out at street level, picking up the accumulated garbage revealed by the melting snow. Maybe they just haven't started down the paths yet.











This is one of several areas my daughter likes to climb. She's that blue and red speck near the top, under the two trees in a V shape. *sigh* I wish I could climb up there with her! Sometimes it's hard to gracefully surrender the things of youth.

4 comments:

Gawdess said...

the sun is so bright! I particularly like the look of the hillside with your daughter high above.

The Travelers Journal said...

Wow, that looks pretty high!

Sharon said...

I still can't imagine living like that. I'm reading a book by Craig Childs, "The Animal Dialogues", and he lived in the mountains of Colorado in a tipi that he built himself. I seriously can't imagine!!

Anna said...

I can imagine living like that to a certain extent. The accumulation of garbage just outside the entrance, on the other hand, is a bit harder for me to grok.

A.