Thursday, April 3, 2008

35-365 - Chip (Again) and Facade?

Philippe: Caught Chip again.. I think he's following me :P















Anna: You may need to click on the image and see it full size to see what's funny about it. This is a building near where we live. It appears to have been completely renovated and is empty - the windows still have the stickers on them. All 3 sides that we could see have windows, doors and balconies like this.

Now, doors without balconies at the lower level is funny enough on their own. Note, however, the size of the doors. It's more obvious on that lowest balcony. The doors are cut short, and end a couple of feet above the balcony floor. I'm guessing that the doors and balconies are just a facade, and not intended to ever be used.

I don't know how many times we've walked past this place before noticing this. *L*



5 comments:

Gawdess said...

chip is cute and I like the angles on that building, it has a seventies architecture look to it.

Karin said...

Cute little Chip :)

Pboud said...

And he's quick too.. :D

Sharon said...

How odd to go to all the trouble to make it look like a balcony! I have seen bldgs like that here too, I just don't get it! LOL

Anonymous said...

Aren't people funny when they build?! Two really interesting photos. Chip is indeed lovely.