Monday, April 14, 2008

46:365 - Morning - updated - Afternoon

Philippe: This is one of the paths we trod down :)... Though frankly, at this stage of the game, by the time we hit this path we're mostly walking; getting back into running might take a while before it's smooth ;)
















Anna: The girls and I left early for our weekly get together at the park so I could see what photos I could get before things got busy. It turned out to be one of those great days where photos I wasn't sure of, turned out to be fantastic once loaded on the computer. I managed to reduce my favorites to only 4 photos. *L*



This time of year, the geese have chosen their nesting spots, mostly on one of two islands on the lake. Some, however, choose busier locations. Like this planter next to the parking lot.

This is one of those situations that remind me why I love digital photography so much. Although the goose let me come quite close, I didn't want to disturb her, so I stayed back and used maximum zoom. Once uploaded, I found details I simply couldn't see otherwise, like the droplets of water on her back.





Normally, I don't really try for seagulls. Not my favorite bird. When this one obligingly posed for me on one of the rails, I gave it a go, and was really surprised by how well it turned out. Again, I found details I couldn't see as I took the picture, like the bright red around the eye.










As I was getting pictures of the gull, a pair of mallards swam by. Right now, the only open water is all along the edge of the lake, so they didn't have too much choice but to come close to me. I love how the colours in the feathers showed up, and being able to see her legs in the water.









As we were leaving, we found another pair of birds. I'm told they're called Common Goldeneyes by my kids. They know these things better than I do. *L* I was really tempted to post a picture of the female glaring at me, but in the end, it was the male's "expression" in this photo that won me over. The head isn't as clear as it could be because of the movement, but gosh he looks funny!

3 comments:

Gawdess said...

great perspective!

The Travelers Journal said...

Wonderful shots!

Sharon said...

Looks like a great place to take a walk or a run...and the bird shots are fantastic :)