Friday, June 6, 2008

96:365 Almost Perfect

Almost Perfect

Anna: While the kids and I were out and about yesterday, we stopped at a Purdy's to pick up some chocolates. It's been a long time since we've indulged. My frugal nature, however, prevented me from paying for a fancy box of mixed chocolates when I could get more for my money from the "Almost Perfect" selection - bags of chocolate confections that, for one reason or another, weren't good enough for the fancy boxes or the display case.

Hey, they taste the same. What do I care if the surface as a scratch on it? *L*

Now, if I could just figure out why blogger took this photo and flipped it 90 degrees...

7 comments:

Pboud said...

Because it loves you... *LOOOOOOOOVES* you...

Gawdess said...

scratch and dent chocolates?
I am so there!!!!

Michael LeVan said...

Ha! When I first saw this pic I thought it was some sort of slug or fungus (which are beautiful in their own way). Of course, chocolate is just a bit tastier . . .

Scrivener said...

I never knew there was a scratch and dent chocolate section. I'm with you 100% on it though.

Anna said...

I can't remember the name of the place anymore, but when we lived in Richmond, we found a chocolate manufacturer. They made the storts of chocolate confections you'll find in boxes all over the place. In front of the factory, they had a store open to the public. They had the same stuff we saw in other stores, as well as baggies of mixed, imperfects. We came out of there with 4 big bags of scratch and dent chocolates worth at least $50 at retail - and their retail prices were lower than they would've been in other stores - for about $20.

I miss that place... ;-)

A.

Lynette said...

Yummy looking chocolate! Once I worked a seasonal job for Russell Stover Candy in Kansas City, Missouri. The office had a small room filled with chocolate seconds, a wonderfully horrid temptation, to say the least.

Anna said...

Russell Stover! That was the name of the place we went to in Richmond. Thanks, Lynette. :-D

A.