Thursday, June 5, 2008

95:365 Signs and Reflections

Anna: After a trip to the library, the kids and I met Philippe for lunch at a mall downtown. Afterwards, I finally did something I've been meaning to do for our Art Project for a very long time. This mall has unique sign holders all over the place, made of wrought iron, brass, welded steel, rebar and other materials. This spider is a detail of one of them. The bottom portion of the
sign holder is a large web with the spider near the base. The web supports a frame that holds the signs. I got photos of about a dozen of these, each very unique in design, and I'm sure I've missed at least a few.





One section of the mall has a gorgeous skylight, surrounded by mirrors on the upper levels. The effect on a bright day like today is quite amazing. The photo doesn't do it justice.

2 comments:

Sandie said...

I really like the lines and repeating patterns.

Ruth said...

I imagine that is quite something in person, because the photos show them nicely.