Tuesday, June 10, 2008

100:365 Got it done

Our 100th day! Woohoo! ;-)

Anna: One of the good things about not feeling well (gotta find that silver lining, after all), is that I was able to finish a new project. I'd borrowed a couple of crochet pattern books from the library and wanted to try something new.

I don't like doing crochet from patterns. I started out doing a tank top. I had progressed quite well, to the point where I was supposed to start working on the arm holes. That's when I discovered that, although I was following the instructions - at least I *thought* I had it right - I had the wrong number of stitches. I counted back to see where I screwed up and found it. On the very first row. I went over the instructions again, and it *still* seemed like I was doing what it told me to do, but I ended up reducing by one on every row.

I undid the whole thing and started on this produce bag. *L*

I still ended up with things not turning out the way the instructions said they should've. Even though the counts were right as I worked it, when I got to where I had to build up the longer parts on the front and back, I found myself short one loop on each side. Which mean that, at the very beginning, I had to have been short a total of 6 stitches. So I did what I do best.

I winged it.

I think it turned out all right. :-D

On another note, I broke down and called my doctor's office to book an appointment. I'm getting tired of trying to stuff my lungs back down my throat after I finish another coughing fit. Amazingly, I got an appointment *this week.* Like, wow! That's a first. I'm in to see the doc. on thursday morning.

Now I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they won't phone to reschedule tomorrow.

2 comments:

The Travelers Journal said...

I LOVE the colors! Great looking bag. I am impressed with the "I winged it" part!

Gawdess said...

it looks beautifully made!