Sunday, July 27, 2008

144:365 Orange beauty

Anna: We were on the way home from seeing The Dark Knight (great movie, by the way - I definitely recommend it!) and I was just amazed at the gorgeous clouds. There was one towering cumulus that was growing right before my eyes. Now, I know that means we've got another storm on the way (which I can now hear thundering and lightning it's way towards us as I write this), but gosh darn it, they're gorgeous.

Of course, I didn't have the camera with me. :-P So when we got home, I grabbed it and headed for the 4th floor patio to see if I could get some good pictures. Unfortunately, the dramatic shapes I was seeing earlier were already gone.

So I took some pictures of the flowers in planters scattered about the patio instead. I'm rather pleased that I was able to get any, since the wind was picking up pretty swiftly just in the few minutes I was up there.

I really like the colours.

Now... I wonder if we'll be needed to shut the computer down because of the storm coming in. From the thunder I'm hearing, I think it's a good thing I'm posting now!

3 comments:

Gawdess said...

rich colour on that daylily and like the serious detail on the stamens!

Lew said...

You both have some nice closeups here. Thanks for your comment on my blog.

Anonymous said...

That's a really lovely picture of a lovely flower.