Tuesday, July 15, 2008

133:365 - Cats are so thoughtful - updated: baking day

Philippe: So it's Midnight, and my daughter can't sleep. Of course, she grabs the cat on the way by to the couch.. :D























Anna: Baking day today - I've got 2 loaves of oatmeal and honey cooled down, 2 loaves of eggs and milk fresh out of the oven, and a batch of Red River Cereal buns in the oven right now.

Garlic and tarragon butter is ready and waiting for those first slices.

The apartment smells heavenly.

7 comments:

Sandie said...

I really like this picture. The focus and depth of field are perfect.

Pboud said...

Thanks.. The contortions and the jamming-of-camera-against-face-and-floor technique seem to work for this :P

This shot was on shutter priority and at a second exposure to get any type of useable shot. Luckily, the cat co-operated and didn't move for loooooong periods.

AphotoAday said...

Great shot...
Kitty and I spend our nights cuddled up together -- we are inseperable... Which reminds me that I must go write her blog now... It's always a choice of writing about something either silly or loving...

Gawdess said...

it is a very nice picture, and the light has that late night feel to it.

Anonymous said...

I read the 10 comments people left in response to my thinking I would stop or quit posting on my Better Blog Writing blog. Then I felt bad. So I got some pictures I took this morning and arranged them on Better Blog Writing as a kind of continuation. Take a look and if it is something you can learn from then I will continue.

Abraham Lincoln
Brookville, Ohio

jo(e) said...

I just love the clear focus on the cat and the soft blurry daughter in the background. Wonderful.

Pboud said...

I have to admit a bias on this shot.. I'm still infatuated with my 90mm Macro that I didn't even consider switching to my 50mm 1.8. That lens would likely have made the whole experience a little less painful since it's a much faster lens.
:)
P.