Sunday, July 13, 2008

131:365 Forty

Anna: One for the Love My Parts group.
Note: This photo was taken by Philippe for me, so it's not really a selfie. ;-)

I turn forty today, so I thought a photo of my silver hair might be appropriate. ;-)

I distinctly remember finding my first grey hair, though I don't remember how long ago it was. A fair few years. Actually, Philippe found it. He's a fair bit taller than I am, and can look down at the top of my head. When he suddenly said "you've got grey hair!" I went pulling at my hair, trying to bring it down to where I could see it. It was in a spot I couldn't see, however, so I got him to pull it out so I could look at it. I was so proud of that one shimmering hair! LOL

I've never been bothered by greying hair, and actually looked forward to getting some. I loved how my grandmother, who's hair was such a dark brown it was almost black, had these bright, glittering strands running through her hair. My mother, who's hair was as dark as her mother, now as sparkling bright streaks as well. My father, also dark haired, went grey all over. Being of the dirty blond persuasion, I wondered which way my own hair would go. Would I go grey all over, like my dad? Or get silver streaks like my mother and grandmother? That wouldn't be quite as dramatic as on my mother's dark hair.

From the looks of it, I'm going to be doing both - slowly going silver all over. I love how they shine. :-D

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gee, I wouldn't worry about it. Hair is what it is. I like all kinds of hair, even my own now and then. LOL

Thanks for visiting my blog today and for leaving a comment there.

Thanks again.

Abraham Lincoln
Brookville, Ohio

AphotoAday said...

Well, happy birthday, from the bottom of my heart...
Only 40?   I wouldn't worry about it -- you are still in the prime of your life!

I'll be turning 61 at the end of next month, but it seems like just yesterday that I was 40 -- which is about the year that I noticed I was losing my hair on top...   No biggie -- I still have lots on the sides, and of course I have a plentiful supply growing out my ears and nose...

All the best to you and may this be a memorable birthday for you -- hope you do some celebrating!

jo(e) said...

Happy Birthday!

I'm 47 and I've got silver hairs too. I don't notice them because they are on the top of my head, but whenever I'm in a room with overhead lights, people who are taller than me will say, "Hey, you've got all these silver hairs!"

Scrivener said...

Happy birthday!