Thursday, July 3, 2008

121:365 Teenie Tiny

Anna: I have a thing for tiny bowls.

I use them for pre-measuring ingredients when I'm cooking. I use them to hold different colored beads when I'm crafting. The kids use them to hold water for their paints. They're handy for holding whatever small items I happen to need a container for on short notice. My favorite use of the prettiest ones is to hold food items in our Easter basket. I never seem to have enough of them.

When we were at the museum yesterday, which has a dragon theme going on for the summer, we stopped at the gift shop to see what new dragon items they had. I instantly fell in love with these teenie, tiny bowls. I also loved the price. ;-) That blue is my favorite colour didn't hurt, either.

I have no idea what I'll use them for yet, but I'm sure I'll find something soon.

I took these using the light box and the D70 on auto. I did end up needing to lighten it so that the colours matched the real thing a bit better. Gotta figure out the white balance settings. Finding the button for it first helps a lot... ;-)

3 comments:

AphotoAday said...

Interesting post...
You know, if you ever get to San Francisco I recommend that you visit the Legion of Honor museum and tour the fabulous collection of ceramic plates, cups, bowls, and all that sort of stuff -- all top notch antiques... Interesting even for a guy like me who wouldn't normally be interested in stuff like "dishes" (if you know what I mean)...

Hope you are having a great Fourth of July weekend!

Gawdess said...

beautiful little bowls, I like them too!

The Travelers Journal said...

Great design. You can never have enough bowls. :)