Friday, March 7, 2008

8:365 updated - Tropical Oasis and Volunteer

Anna: Today was library day and the kids and I headed to the downtown branch, which is nearest us. Across the street from the library is a theatre. While winter has yet to release its hold outside, inside this theatre is a tropical garden, including this lovely waterfall. There are paths and benches winding through the lush growth, and the heat and humidity is so high, stepping back out into 6 or 7C weather was a relief!

Unfortunately, I didn't have my monopod with me, so my shaking hands caused problems. I think this one still turned out all right.





Philippe: One of the things I've been doing is trying to get out and interact a little more with live people; this was one such effort. Though it was a great experience, I'm thinking I overworked this quite a bit. While I was reviewing and cleaning up every shot I was taking (low light, lots of noise) others were just posting right out of the camera.. Ah well, live and learn. I *did* get this fun stuff though.. (Anna collects pins, so this was *all* good :D)

1 comment:

Gawdess said...

I think it turned out very well, impressive even