Sunday, April 19, 2009

312:365 Photo experimentation

Anna: I've been a bit frustrated in regards to taking photos lately. Since the move, I haven't been able to find the charger for the D70 battery. I distinctly remember making sure it didn't get packed in any boxes, but to instead go into something else that we'd be going into right away. I *thought* I'd asked Philippe to pack it in his camera bag, but it's not there. So for the past while, I've had a dead battery and on way to charge it.

Thankfully, Philippe had a spare battery for his D80, which will work on the D70 (but not the other way around), and he let me have it. It felt good to be taking photos again!

High Level Bridge traffic

This photo was taken with my 18-55mm lens, aperture setting, F20 for 30 seconds. I wanted to catch the two lanes of traffic converging onto the bridge.


High Level Bridge traffic

I moved the tripod about 20 feet farther along the bridge and as close to the edge as I could get. Unfortunately, that put me across from a light that messed things up. It took me a while to figure out what was causing the problem. I then switched to the manual setting and took this photo at 30 seconds and F29.

I'm not sure which one I am happier with.

No comments: