Sunday, October 26, 2008

213:365 animaguri... I think

Anna: I am currently working on a large crochet project - a coat for my elder daughter. Every now and then, I need to stop and do something small that I can finish in one evening - preferably something that's also challenging.

Tonight, I made a pear. It was an attempt at an animaguri - at least that's what I think it might be called. It's not a creature, but it's sculptural, so I'm not sure.

I wasn't intending to make a pear. I was just experimenting with the shape. It's not my first one. My first one ended up looking like a turd. The cats love it. When I saw that this one looked like a pear shape, I made the leaves and sewed them on, just so it wouldn't get mistaken for another turd.

I think the girls will like it when they see it in the morning.

Oh, and the mat under the pear is a filet crochet that reads "TEA," and the rolled up piece the pear is leaning against is the finished back panel of my daughter's coat. I'm working on the first front panel now.

1 comment:

buy prescription drugs online said...

Thank you from management goes a long way.