Sunday, January 11, 2009

253:365 What's out there?

Anna: I was getting some pictures of a project my daughter is working on and couldn't resist snapping this one as well.

larger versions available here

We got a drafting table set for the girls this Christmas. The cats immediately claimed it as their own. Especially Harley. There's nothing she loves more than when the girls open the window, as the apartment tends to get very warm and humid, even if we have the heat turned down completely. On cold days, the result is billowing clouds of fog that Harley is fascinated by.

Fog or no, as soon as the window is opened, she comes running, jumps onto the table and sticks her head into the screen. As far as I know, she's never been outside a day in her life (well, I suppose she had to be taken outside when she was acquired and given to the woman we got her from). I imagine she's very curious about the world she sees outside this window.

Many days, the window can't be opened at all, as it's frozen shut. At times like this, Harley likes to sit on the desk and lick the ice on the glass. It makes a very disturbing noise.

Harley also likes to sit at the top of the table surface while my elder daughter is painting/inking. Or on her painting surface (you can one of her more recent ones prepped in the photo). Harley likes to try and catch and chew on the ends of the paint brushes.

She's a weird cat.

1 comment:

AphotoAday said...

Did I ever tell you how much I LOVE black and white (tuxedo) cats?