Saturday, April 19, 2014

Things you still can't do with a phone camera

So I went out with the cameras this evening. The shots shared here are from the same evening, same location on one of the local bridges. The first two shots are with the D80 using a 15mm lens while the last two are phone camera shots with the 180 fisheye lens.

  The first thing to notice is the fact that the DSLR shots are simply better quality images; better resolution, better detail, better colour rendering. The second thing to notice is that the phone camera allowed me to take a 180 degree fisheye shot, at reasonable quality, for a fraction of the price it would cost me to get for my DSLR. For my system, Fisheye lenses start at about $375 and work their way up to about 10 grand. The fisheye used on my phone camera was about $30. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to buy a proper fisheye for my camera but I happen to like being married so I'll not bring that one up with the boss.

Bottom line, I've got toys for everyday use and I've got a solid wishlist of things to get in the future :D.

Long live photography.
P.

F22, Auto Aperture ending at around 10 seconds



F22, 2 second exposure (fully manual mode)




No comments: