Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Gone Batty


Gone Batty
Originally uploaded by amkb

Anna: The Little Brown Bat is still hanging out above our door. It looks like it's chosen that spot to hibernate. I tried to get some different angles, but it's so close to the corner, I can't really get the camera in there.

It's so cute! While I was taking pictures, I could see it's furry little sides moving as it breathed. I just want to scoop it up!

I'm not sure this is a good location for it to hibernate, though. It's well sheltered from the weather, but not the temperature. I'm a little concerned it will freeze. Will have to look for some information about that, and see if there's something we can do to protect it.

1 comment:

Alice said...

cool! i never got a picture of a bat - well, actually i did at a bat reserve, but that doesn't count :)