Tuesday, October 25, 2011

No spam zone

Folks, we really appreciate it when messages are left in the comments.  Feedback is great and we welcome and appreciate it.

Unfortunately, I've seen an increase in pseudo spam, where people leave messages in the comments that have nothing to do with the post, but are brazen hooks to get people to look at their websites.  To the folks doing this, I don't care how "complimentary" you think you are being.  If you're waxing poetic about how meaningful my post is, and all I did was post a photo of a stick of deodorant on a sign, it's pretty obvious you haven't actually read the post and are just phishing.  I consider these spam and delete them.  Please stop it.  I do not want to have to start moderating comments.

update:  And I immediately get a spam comment.  *sigh*

Switching the comments to moderation.  Sorry, folks.

No comments: