Friday, September 23, 2011

My food is looking at me.





Today the girls and I headed to Kyoto for lunch.  Handily, it's close to my husband's office, so he was able to join us.  This has become one of our new favorite restaurants.  Well, for the food, anyhow. Unfortunately, their service is touch and go.  Today, when the girls and I arrived in advance of my husband at about 11 (we go out of our way to avoid the lunch crowd), we told the hostess there'd be 4 of us, not three.  As we were being seated, we were asked if we could possibly not take too long because they had a lot of reserved tables for noon, and it would be really appreciated if we would be able to finish before then.  Uhm.  Yeah.  An hour is more than enough time to eat there, but still... it was awkward.  Then we sat down to our menus and realized that one had not been left for my husband.  It ended up not mattering, as he ordered his usual (Gyu Don), and it took long enough for him to join us that he could use one of ours, but still...

Yeah.

Anyhow.

My younger daughter and I love their Bento Box D, which has chicken, beef, green salad and their awesome tempura vegetables and seafood.  Their tempura is excellent.  I seriously considered their tempura vegetable lunch as an appetizer, but decided against it.  We wanted to be out by noon, after all....  My older daughter, on the other hand, has discovered their chirashi and LOVES it.



She is much braver than I am, when it comes to food!
You see that battered, spiky thing in the back, with the lettuce leaf behind it?  It's a tempura battered upper body of a prawn. See that dark spot under the piece of crab leg?  

That's an eye.

Yes, her lunch was looking at me as I took this photo.

And then my daughter ate it.





No comments: