Monday, December 7, 2009

Baby, it's c-c-c-cold outside!

Anna: After being spoiled by a long and mild fall (extra appreciated, after our extended, cold spring and early summer), the cold has finally hit. This is the view off our balcony this morning.

DSC_7801-50%


DSC_7799-50%

It was still -27C at the time I took these photos, though it's warmed up to -24C. We're supposed to go as high as -18C today.

I don't think I need to worry about the meat pies I set out on the patio swing to freeze last night.

3 comments:

The Travelers Journal said...

Both pictures are great! There is just something about that first picture that is amazing! I know it is black and white, but looking at it I can almost see colors.

Anna said...

Actually, it's NOT black and white! Between the icy fog and the sun just outside the frame, the colours just sorta disappeared.

The Travelers Journal said...

Wow,that is cold! That would explain why I see color in a B&W photo :)